UNGUIDED- VT High Gaps- (Tues-Sat)
An epic day of riding up and over some of Vermont’s best mountain passes, coupled with a lunch destination in the heart of one of the most scenic villages in Vermont.
Your Ride: The VT High Gaps Unguided Ride takes you into the heart of Vermont's Green Mountain range, home to some legendary mountain gap roads, and some known only by locals. It's an eternal Americade favorite ride, and one that you'll be glad you took. (Beware, call your doctor if your grin lasts more than 4 hours...). Your ride is valid any day of Americade Week, so you can cherry-pick the best riding day (a benefit of a Freedom Pass ride). The morning begins with a ride along the shores of Lake George as you head north and east to Vermont. Among the many sights you'll see before you enter Vermont will be many stunning lake views of Lake George, some fabulous winding roads, and scenic historic sights. As you head up and over Crown Point Bridge, have your cameras ready for the stunning views of NY's Adirondacks and Vermont's Green Mountains.
Once in Vermont, you'll ride through the pastoral lands that make Vermont famous, but the real jewels lie ahead - the mountain gaps. Vermont's mountain range runs north-to-south, so to head east/west, Vermonters had to build roads up and over the mountains. Some of these "gaps" are legendary (such as the "App Gap"), and some are less well known. This route takes you to the best. Get ready for twisty, winding, FUN roads. Your road home takes you through more of Vermont's beautiful farmland. It's a gentle ride back to Lake George that's camera ready and the perfect end to an exciting day of riding the Gaps.
What's an UNGUIDED RIDE? It guarantees a great ride on your own. We carefully create great riding routes in the Adirondacks and Vermont, on excellent routes on good pavement, with scenic vistas, interesting stops, and great lunch suggestions, all on low-traffic fun riding roads.
- Routes - We obsess about our routes, testing and testing routes so that we can provide you the best one possible on roads you wouldn't normally locate on your own. We emphasize scenery, good pavement, low traffic and traffic lights, safe intersections, good gas stops and clean bathrooms.
- GPS, Turn-by-Turn Directions: You'll have GPS-led, turn-by-turn directions the whole way, with special notifications for great points of interest. You'll know where to turn, where the views are the best, where good scenic stops are, where the best bathrooms are, and more. You'll even be able to see where your riding partners are on the ride! It's like having your own professional motorcycle guide along for the ride.
-Lunch (and dessert): You'll be led to three of the best places to eat on the route. You choose which one suits you best (best food style, least busy, shortest line, etc). After lunch, we try to always include a good desert stop on the return leg.
-Don't have a smart phone, or prefer hard copy maps? No worries - we'll email you a map instead.
-Round-trip mileages are approximate.
If you're coming all the way to the Adirondacks, then why not guarantee yourself a great day of riding?
- An Americade favorite ride
- Gently Winding route to mountains
- Fantastic mountain twisties
- Stunning views of the Adirondack and Green Mountains
- Freedom to ride on best weather day
Miles: ~195 or 245 mi R-T
When: Tues - Sat
Price: $ 15.00